Houston attorney Phil Carson concentrates his practice in the areas of oil and gas law and real estate and secured financing.
His diverse practice experience includes the representation of business entities, financial institutions and individuals regarding real and personal property interests, including asset acquisitions and sales; development, management and operation of properties; due diligence evaluations and curative documents, including environmental surveys, title insurance policies and title opinions; leasing real and personal property; and project financing, secured financing and workouts.
His representative projects include:
- acquisition and sale of farms and ranches for individuals and privately held entities;
- acquisition and development of a cargo terminal at the Port of Houston for a shipping company;
- acquisition of land and surface use agreements for residential development by privately held entities;
- acquisition, construction and sale of cell towers for a publicly traded company;
- acquisition of easements and rights of way for construction of gathering lines, transportation lines and related facilities for privately held entities and publicly traded companies;
- acquisition of land for development of underground gas storage facilities for a publicly traded company;
- oil and gas exploration and production, conveyances, drilling, leasing, producing property acquisitions and unitization representing a charitable foundation, individuals, privately held entities and publicly traded companies;
- secured and project financing representing lenders (national banking associations) and borrowers (privately held entities and publicly traded companies) involving farms and ranches, industrial facilities, pipelines, producing oil and gas properties and real estate developments.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, with Honors, University of Texas School of Law, 1979
Texas Law Review, 1978-1979
- Bachelor of Arts with High Honors and Special Honors in History, University of Texas at Austin, College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1976
Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, John T. Ferguson Award History Honors Program
Professional Licenses and Admissions to Practice
- Attorney at Law, Texas, 1979
- Oaks, Hartline & Daly, L.L.P., Of Counsel Attorney, 2014 – Present
- Glast, Phillips & Murray, P.C. Houston, Texas, Business Practice Section, 2000-2014
- Butler & Binion, LLP, Natural Resources, Environmental, and Real Property Section, 1979-1999
Professional Memberships and Activities
- State Bar of Texas
- HBA Energy Section Update, Editorial Board Member, 1991-1993
- Environmental Law Simplified (PennWell Books 1993), Editorial Consultant
- British-Borneo Exploration, Inc.
Corporate Secretary, 1989-1999
- Lamar Council of Co-Owners
Council Secretary, 1983-1988