Houston attorney Christine Borrett concentrates her practice in income, gift and estate tax planning. She is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in estate planning and probate. She works with clients in all aspects of wills and trusts, marital property agreements, retirement planning, asset preservation planning, business transition planning, entity formation, real estate transactions involving estates and family limited partnerships, and charitable planning strategies with private foundations and split-interest trusts. Her practice also includes extensive experience in probate and estate administration, including preparing estate and gift tax returns.
She also provides legal counsel in contested matters for estate and trust administrations.
As a speaker at seminars and professional association meetings, she has addressed a wide range of topics, including estate planning, special needs trusts, and federal, state and local taxation, with a special emphasis on transfer tax planning.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston Law Center, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Texas at Austin, 1998
Professional Licenses and Admissions to Practice
- State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Estate Planning and Probate Law
- Oaks, Hartline & Daly, L.L.P., Partner, 2013 - Present
- Adjunct Professor of Law - University of Houston Law Center - Post Mortem Estate Planning, Present (2020 - Present)
- Estate Planning and Tax Attorney, Crady Jewett & McCulley, LLP, 2001-2005, 2008-2013
- Estate Planning and Tax Attorney, Bracewell & Giuliani LLP, 2006-2008
- Intern, Office of Chief Counsel, Internal Revenue Service, 2001
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Wednesday Tax Forum, Vice President
- Houston Estate and Financial Forum, Past President (2018 - 2019)
- Houston Bar Association
Probate, Trusts & Estate Section, Member
- Houston Business & Estate Planning Council, Member
- The Estate Forum, Member
- Editorial Committee for Texas Probate System, 4th Ed., James E. Brill and Russell W. Hall ed., State Bar of Texas (2014 - Present)
- Selected to Texas Lawyer Rising Star list in Estate Planning and Probate Law by Texas Monthly, 2011-2016